31 July 2010

The Graduate and the Birthday boy

I didn't have time to post about two special events that happened recently. So here it is before it gets over shadowed with Hawaii posts...
The Graduate


The graduate and the blog author

This year, the word thesis was added to my children's vocabulary.  Our Dad has been working hard to finish his  thesis and his hard work finally paid off.   He graduated and got his Masters Degree.  We're really proud of him!

skeet shooting

One of the things he missed the most while slaving away with his school work is shooting.  Here, he is celebrating post graduation.. poor birds ;)


Birthday Boy 
at 6 months old he crawled up and down the stairs all by himself; walked at 9 months old..


then he learned to dress himself up, open doors, climb everywhere, fix any loose screws around the house




he became a big bro; puzzles expert and Mom's big helper

He transitioned from an Island boy to East Coast boy.  It's time to wear real shoes and put some shirt on...


He learned about friendship and had his first crush..or crushes

As a school boy, his teachers commend him for not only being smart but also for being respectful.


What a blessing to have this boy in our life!

Our Kuya is another year older.  Last year he asked for scriptures for his birthday.  This year he wants a watch but not a digital one because he wants to learn how to read the hands. He also asked for books.  A few months ago, he asked me if he can have a Nintendo DS for his birthday.  I told him, I need to think about it because it's an expensive toy.   When he learned how much it costs, he told me he doesn't want it anymore.  I just wanted to give him a hug and tell him that for someone who is such a good helper at home and a consistent honor student, he deserves one.. I gave him a hug but didn't say anything. He wants books, why would I insist on the NintendoDS. Last night he asked, how old is he going to be when he can have an iPad.  :)   

4 comments:

Monique said...

As one of the crush(es) mother's, I do have to say that he is a supremo boy!! And he is just a typical boy that likes his big boy toys already!! I vote: NintendoDS for sure. He totally deserves it. wink wink.

Bonny said...

What wonderful pictures. He is such a sweet boy and we are going to miss him!!!

The Galan Family said...

I just love that MJ! He is such a special boy. We miss you guys! Even though we haven't seen each other in a while, you just FEEL further away because I know you are in HI. Hope you guys are happy and getting settled. Happy Belated Birthday to MJ and congrats to Mike on the masters. That is so awesome. We love you guys!

Crystal said...

aw, I just want to snuggle that smarty pants MJ. He is such a little man. :D