30 July 2010

Last one for MD

A day and a half left in MD... Officially homeless for the next few weeks, we're  looking forward to going back to the Islands,  but let's talk about MD first.  Mike and I both agree how much we'll miss this place.  I remember that it was nearing the end of winter when we first got here, 3 1/2 years ago.  There was still snow on the ground. It seem like everything looked gray and sad. 
backyard of our first home in Fort Meade

We were walking around in our not so thick jackets and our slippers.  We looked strange and out of place.  

The boys didn't know what to do when they first saw snow.  They're used to playing with sand.

I still remember our first sunny day. We decided to drive to the beach.. to Ocean City. It took us 3 hours to get there and when we got there, it was raining..and it continued to rain a lot on our way back home plus there was thunder and lightning. Needless to say, it was a very disappointing beach experience.

Spring came.  We couldn't believe our eyes.  That gray, sad looking place just turned so alive and beautiful.  We took tons of spring blossom pictures.. 

Cherry blossoms

Summer was spent a lot in the pool with great friends...

fun times

 Fall.. Fall here is just beautiful!.. 

first fall in Maryland

Winter came again, it was cold but this time we were dressed more warmly and we adapted to East Coast fashion. 

we survived the blizzard of 2010


We can't believe how time flew by and we're about to say goodbye to this place.  A lot of special memories... We met a lot of great people here whose friendship we will cherish forever. It was a  blessed 3 1/2 years... Goodbye MD, until we meet again!...


7 comments:

Karen said...

I'm selfishly glad that life brought you to Maryland. We will miss you guys!

Jonathan said...

GOODLUUUUCK! Thanks for taking us in and making Maryland one of our favorite places too. First stop? Shrimp truck. JK. L&Ls all da way!!! Kuya/Ate, nagpapasalamat po kami sa inyong napakalaking tulong sa amin :P We love you!

Saundra said...

What a shock it would be to come here in the winter after living in HI! I agree that fall is the most beautiful season here. I am looking forward to it this year, since it will be our last fall in MD! Woo hoo! We will miss your family so much, but I'm sure our paths will cross again. Aloha oe!

Shilae said...

You have the best posts ever. Very sentimental--and this one definitely made me miss MD more than ever. Good luck on your next adventure--I'm sure we'll all be back in MD sometime in our futures. She pulls you back...

Monique said...

We will miss you terribly!! B is coming next week, so if you are there, please send me an email because he would LOVE to see you!! Love ya'll!

the ohana said...

We will definitely miss all of you!!!

Atan> Mike told me already that his post grad celebration and MJ's birthday celebration with the ohana is happening at Zippy's, :)!

Saundra> our paths crossed again earlier tonight! :) too soon, heheh!

Bonny said...

Well, this post made me sad. I LOVE the picture of the boys sitting in the fall leaves. I will always have such good memories of the time we spent with your family. Good luck, and please know that you will be missed! Love you guys!