01 February 2010

Few Days Late

Our first month of 2010 is not that uneventful that we slacked on posting. We actually celebrated a special birthday. Mike turned another year older... and wiser!
with his excited greeters

Another Snow day..
We lost count of how many snow days we had already. We still have to build that snowman. As much as we're enjoying all the snow, we do miss our slippers. It's a lot of work to put on the layers of clothing and socks and boots to keep ourselves warm. BUT, we're not complaining because maybe this is our last winter for the next few years.. just maybe we're moving somewhere tropical in the Fall...

Our Little Tornado
One of the things that Naia likes to do is find anything to use to be able to reach whatever is unreachable for her. You'd think she'd stop after falling a couple of times. But she's one determined little girl. You'll know that Naia has been in a certain spot or room in the house because she leaves her trail of havoc. She's my fitness secret. She keeps me going, bending, running, reaching and dancing...

Little Mama
Little Tornado has a sweet side, her being a little Momma. She loves to pretend she's cooking which I think is adorable! I do hope she gets my passion for cooking. I can't wait to teach her to roll Lumpia and cook Adobo.

The Ravens fans
So disappointed that the Ravens couldn't hang with the Colts.

MLK

MJ's school had this speech writing contest for Martin Luther King Day. It was optional yet he really wanted to make one. Here's MJ's I Have a Dream Speech:

I have a dream of becoming an Author. An author writes books and brings them to the library. I want to write stories about farm animals, teachers, transportation, community helpers, families, pets, planets, shooting stars, people around the world and everything else. I also want to be an Illustrator for my books. I want children to enjoy the books that I write. I want parents to enjoy reading the books to their children too. This is my dream.


Nyle wants to do everything that MJ does and this includes making his speech too. As I recorded , this is Nyle's speech:

I have a dream of becoming a Firefighter. I want to put out the fire if a house is on fire. I want to be a firefighter to save people and pets. When I grow up Mommy and Daddy will die. I will have a job to take care of myself. I will get married and have a family. My family will live again.



and that's our January...

4 comments:

Bonny said...

So sweet! Thatcher wants to be a firefighter, too (because they're scary, according to him). Ryan felt so badly that Mike called to wish him a happy birthday and Ryan neglected to return the birthday wishes. So what's the latest on moving plans? Are you not moving til the fall?

Linds said...

So cute! I loved their speeches!

Crystal said...

Somewhere tropical like Okinawa? Just a short MAC flight away? XD Okay, okay, Hawaii would be fine. I could come visit you there. :)

Monique said...

How did I miss this post?? I love Naia in a tutu!! That is awesome. And they are all tornados at that age... sigh. It's funny that you mentioned it's your fitness secret! You couldn't gain anything if you tried. ;) Love it all !

And FYI... When I saw your title... I thought you were announcing you were pregnant.

Any news on the move???