We decided to do an outdoor shoot this time, during the most beautiful season here in Maryland. Unfortunately we were a week late. There was little color and leaves left when we did the photo shoot. Never the less our good friend, Tiffany (TRphotography.com) did a great job! It was windy, hence the beautiful blowing effect of my hair. The wind also caused Nyle's allergy to flare up. Naia had ear infection and had fever that day. Should I mention too that Mike refused to wear his green cardigan. I wanted cohesiveness with our outfits but he really wanted to wear his plaid shirt! Well anything to make him happy, he is not a fan of pictorials.. yet, he loves it when the pictures come out and is grateful that I insist that we keep this tradition going. The kids really did great, we were done fast and we took a lot of good pictures... and Mike looked great in his plaid shirt.





the Snow Storm
I feel silly calling the big snow that we had, blizzard. Since I know that in other areas, it was probably just like a regular snow day. But it was the biggest snow we experienced. Mike got to use his "kanaka" strength to shovel our driveway and other people's too. The boys had an early winter break and Church was even cancelled that Sunday. We were able to enjoy playing in the snow for 5 days until the rain came yesterday and washed out most of it. According to the Weather Channel, there's going to be more snow on New Year's day. Hooray for that!
The boys had so much fun! They didn't mind the cold at all.Celebrating Christmas
Our Christmas menu:
Pancit
Lumpia
Pork Menudo
Pork Bar-b-que(Pinoy style)
Chicken Bar-b-que(Pinoy style)
Buko Salad
Chicken Macaroni
I enjoy cooking for Christmas more than Thanksgiving. I don't mind slaving in the kitchen for food that is reminiscing of Christmas growing up.
We were joined by the missionaries and some new friends for Noche Buena. Then Mike, the kids and I did our nativity play. Since Naia fell asleep, I had to play as Mary. The boys did double duty as the wise men and the shepherds. Mike was of course the narrator. I wish I took pictures of the boys and their made up costumes. We don't do the whole Santa tradition so we opened a couple of presents that night and the rest on the next day. Gramma Lucy, Auntie Ofie and Vinny joined us on Christmas day.
so our last update for 2009..
MJ
Nyle
Mr. Energy here! I do miss him now that he is in school. There's never a dull moment with Tino Boy. He always makes us laugh. He is doing well in school. He loves learning and is a chatter box when he comes home, telling us everything that happened and showing us what he learned. Though he has a lot of friends in school, to him MJ is his best friend. He also loves to compete with MJ in everything. He thinks it's his job to police Naia. He has encouraged MJ to not to be shy when giving prayers, he loves to pray and he says the sweetest, most sincere prayers. He loves books and movies and he loves talk about what ever I or MJ recently read to him or the latest movie he saw. Nyle's look in the future: He wants to be a Doctor and a Fire Fighter someday. He also wants to be an Actor and play the role of Spiderman. When MJ asked him where he wants to serve his mission, he said he wants to go where Mommy and Daddy are. He also told me that he'll take care of me when I'm old and sick :). Naia
Our tough, little princess is a perfect mix of a tomboy and girly girl. Naia is my workout. Having the boys very active when they're toddlers does not surprise me how active she is. Though I was hoping that she'll just sit in a corner and maybe play with her dolls. Like her brothers, she likes to climb and get into everything. But unlike her brothers who grunted, she has this sweet whine when she wants something. She loves to dance to any music and even dances to the beat of the washing machine. She adores her Daddy but is a Mommy's girl. I can't wait to see how her personality develops. Right now, she loves the camera and she'll pose on demand. Her favorite food are cheese, brown rice, strawberries and chocolate. She also, unlike her brothers will eat anything I cook. We love our Naia and we're truly grateful to have this little girl.Mike "Daddy"

He had a busy year. He's currently serving in our ward Bishopric. A calling he enjoys and faithfully serves. He is starting to work on his thesis and hopefully will be done with his graduate studies in the summer. Having Naia inspired him to start a new hobby> guns! Watch out future suitors ;0! So whenever he has opportunity or should I say, whenever I allow him, he goes shooting with his friends. We love our Daddy and we're grateful for everything he does for us.
Me "da Mommy"
7 comments:
I think an assignment to Japan should be on your list of things to accomplish this year. :D It's like Hawaii, but colder! XD
I just want to squish your kiddies!
Awesome update! We're hoping for a pregnancy this year too. 2010 bring us all luck! :) Your Christmas meal sounded delicious! Happy New Year!
Your pictures are so cute! It looks like you had such a great Christmas! Your Christmas menu, sounds so good...you are such a good cook!
Fun update! I love your family pictures! You guys all look great and I laughed about the flannel shirt because Jason would totally have done the same thing.
Oh! And I saw your Christmas menu and there was no white rice.....;)
Just kidding. Jason was worried I would offend people with that comment on my blog. The truth is I actually like rice, I just figured if I couldn't have snow, if I couldn't have family, if I couldn't have hot chocolate....I should at least get some ham and potatoes. :)
We should be back to Ft. Meade beginning of June. Hopefully Picerne lets us live on base! We miss you guys!
Oh, and I promise to send you a Christmas Card next year!
Crystal- I would love to be in the same area as you but not in Japan, you know how I dislike the whole "stigma" thing..
Alexis- you need to give me an invite to your blog, I want to know what's going on with the Grants!
Linds-I actually forgot to include the Jasmine Brown rice in the menu! I totally understand how you feel about missing the food you're used to eating. I wont survive without rice. I always bring rice for my kids when we're invited to somebody's house for dinner. We're looking forward to seeing you in June and meeting Noelle's little sibling! I'm counting on that Christmas card next year!
You just made my hungry for your cooking, Naika- way to go ;-) Oh I miss your wonderful Ohana- I love to read your updates and see the photos of you all. It's hard to believe how big those kids have gotten- MJ's growing up so fast with his I want to marry Abby in secret (lol- cute!); and Tino in school!; and I love Naia's fierceness. Maybe it's a 3rd child thing b/c Leilani is fierce too. Anyhow give everyone our loving!
I love the update!!! I agree with the other comments--your Christmas menu sounds sooo good! And your family pics turned out great. The one you have at the top of your blog is gorgeous--you totally look like a model. Glad you guys had such a great holiday!!!
Post a Comment