04 December 2009

Thanksgiving at Shenandoah Valley






We wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving stress free; meaning no slaving in the kitchen all day for Daddy =). We decided to enjoy the scenery at Shenandoah Valley,VA and partake of the buffet at the Skyland Lodge.

Here are some pictures from T-day:














This year the boys were more into the Thanksgiving spirit:
-Talking about the Pilgrims and the Indians all the time.
-Sharing stories they learned from school and from Charlie Brown's movie.
We're were grateful that Great Grandma Lucy was here to spend the Holidays with us. 2 Thumbs up for Shenandoah Valley's, Skyland Lodge Thanksgiving Buffet. We really enjoyed it! Although we missed the beautiful Fall colors of which Shenandoah Valley is famous for, it was still beautiful. We headed home at 4PM and could hardly see the road because of the fog. We stopped several times for some deer crossing the street. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving celebration!!

8 comments:

Shilae said...

Awww, I love the pictures! And what a great idea--going to a buffet for Thanksgiving. You can get all of the traditional food without the work.

And that version of A Child's Prayer you have in your playlist? Absolutely precious.

Melanie said...

You guys are so darn adorable! I miss you and love you.

Linds said...

Love the pictures. Great looking family you have there, Naika! Love and miss you!

Lindsey said...

I've heard a lot of people who went to a buffet this year and I just keep wondering....why didn't I think of that!
You guys go on fun family trips, it is so fun to see your pictures.

Crystal said...

Looks like a fabulous fun time! Miss you!

Monique said...

You are just so beautiful! And that top pic of Naia is adorable!! Let me guess who did that... ;) Tiff is so great.

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures! Your family is gorgeous. I agree with Shilae... I would totally do a buffet for Thanksgiving and forget about the cooking! I hope you are feeling better... please let me know if you need anything. I mean it!

Grandpa Jeff said...

I love you all so much. I am so lucky to have each of you in my life. God has surely blessed us all.May your comfort and prosperity escalate with every passing moment.
Grandpa Jeff