I love talking to my kids. There are some conversations I really want to share with family and friends and this is one of them:
Mom: Nyle, tomorrow you have to prepare your own snacks for school because Gramma will be taking you.
Nyle:(with sad face, teary eyes) Why Mom, are you gonna die?
Mom: No silly, I'm just going to lunch with Dad and his co-workers.
Nyle: Ok!.. (thinking)... Mom, when are you going to die?
Mom: Not for awhile, maybe when I'm really old..
Nyle: Who's gonna be my Mom if you die?
Mom: I will always be your Mom.
Nyle: I will miss you Mom but I know you will live again because Jesus died and live again....
and you know how this conversation ended, me crying, Nyle giving me hugs. So he volunteered to give a prayer before we left for school, of course he prayed that I wont die tomorrow... :D He's a very sweet and thoughtful boy.
11 comments:
That's a truly beautiful moment. I would have cried too!!
That's truly a beautiful moment. I would have cried too!
Awe. It's great when they get it. Nyle is such a sweetie. :-) Great story- thanks for sharing it- brought a smile to my face.
I love that boy! And I love that the spirit can be so BIG in someone so little. I'm glad that you documented this moment.
he is so cute. what a sweet boy. I love conversations like this. They really do understand more than we think they do. and just for the record, I really hope you don't die tomorrow either. Have a fun lunch! good job for writing this down.
I'm a little teary myself. how sweet. Love that Nyle!
"I'll build you a rainbow... way up in the skkkyyyyyy!" Sniff. Sniff :) Nyle really is such a good kid. That's a dialog to treasure forever. Cute boy.
That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! What a cute boy. You must be doing something right =)
Cute boy! I haven't visited your blog in a while either. Its good to know you are doing well and had a fun busy summer.
And Zippy's chili....I haven't eaten there yet. I guess this gives me a reason. If only I could find one...(that was a joke!)
Kids have such strong spirits. It is comforting, because they're going to have such a tough world to grow up in, they are going to need those strong testimonies!
This is very sweet, and he's got it right...smart little guy!
Post a Comment