01 October 2008

Post Preggoness



Thank you for all the emails, comments, calls and congratulations. Mahalo to Mike for doing the last post for us. It's not his favorite thing to do, but he was really excited to share the news and Naia's photos. I know I have a lot of things to share...I'll do my best to get my thoughts together; it's not that easy when you lack sleep, have abdominal cramps and suffer engorged breasts ;p.

L and D > Naia was 2 days late, what a relief it was when I started spotting Tuesday morning. That's how my labor started with the boys too. I knew I was gonna have her that day. When we got to L & D triage I was 4 cm and looking too comfortable to be admitted. So they told us to go eat ,walk around and come back in a couple of hours. When we came back a couple of hours later, I was still at 5 cm, couple of hours more the midwife decided, hmmm how about some Pitocin. While it made the contractions stronger but I was still comfortable. The midwife suggested breaking the water<<>


1200pm, 5cm waiting to get checked in L&D , 5 hours before the big push
Our Baby girl> She is 8 days old as of this post. I'm crossing my fingers that her personality won't change because she is a really good baby. I can't remember the boys giving me more than an hour of sleep when they were new. Naia sleeps for 3 hours straight and she has the sweetest cry when she wants milk or diaper change. Are we just used to our rambunctious boys that we're so amazed with how gentle and sweet our baby girl is :). Some of you asked about the name. Mike and I always liked the name Nyah, we changed the spelling since the latter is pretty common, Naia is the Hawaiian spelling and it means dolphin. Matina, was my second area in the mission, Matina Davao, Philippines. Ka'iulani is Aunty Rhonda Addington Brevig's Hawaiian name.






The Big Bruddahs> The boys truly adore her... they shower her with hugs kisses and tell her all the time how cute and sweet she is. We're amazed at how Nyle does his best to be gentle around her, (we know how hard that is for him). When we came home from the hospital, Nyle asked me if we got the baby sister for him. If I address him as Babe, he corrects me, tells me that he is Nyle Santino, the big brother. When MJ came home that day, he asked if Naia is out, who is the baby in my belly :). Explaining breast feeding to them was interesting. They both agree that it sounds yucky. We know that Naia likes having her brothers around because she look so calm and content even when they're playing loud and rowdy. They love to sing to her too from favorite Primary songs to Transformers theme song. >>MORE than meets the EYE!






gramma suzi & grand kids


Daddy's girl> The first night with Naia, Mike told me already that he wants another baby girl because he will have a hard time letting go of her:). You know 20 years from now, when that good Mormon boy will sweep her of her feet, hee-hee (dead meat). Well, if we have another one then he'll get his heart broken twice when those boys come to take them both:). I know how much he treasures his little boys but baby Naia is surely the mango of his eyes now.





7 comments:

Monique said...

More than meets the EYE! That is a GREAT lullaby! And she is probably already used to the sounds of the boys from in the belly. It's now just in Stereo. :)

Crystal said...

Awwww! She is soooo sweet! I hope my baby lets me sleep. I'm finding being pregs with an Ainsley is really hard, especially with Cheyenne gone.


I'll call you soon...what's a good time? Afternoon? Evening? Midnight feeding? XD

Shilae said...

What a sweetie pie! It's awesome that she'll let you sleep already! I can't wait to meet her!

Linds said...

Oh Congrads! Naia is such a gorgeous baby! Daddy better have a baseball bat ready for those boys that will come around for her (that's what Sam says about the threat of boys coming to date our girls one day.. LOL!) I'm so excited for you all! XOXO to you all!

The Galan Family said...

She is so beautiful. I bet the boys are so cute with her. They were always so sweet to Avery. Hope your recovery is going well. Sorry about the other night. We need to finish talking soon. Miss you guys.

Bonny said...

Congratulations, guys!!! (This is Bonny Reckner.) We can't wait to meet the little sweetie pie!!!

SheL said...

She is so beautiful! I don't know how I missed this post before? Thank you for letting us come visit yesterday. It was great to see you and Naia is such a sweet and gorgeous little girl =)