22 September 2010

A Month and a half later....




Since my last post we have moved to a house.  We're happy to be where we live right now because it's only a 3 minute walk to the boys school and 5 minute drive to Mike's work.  Our household goods came last Friday. What a perfect timing,  Mike  had to leave for a TDY the next day.  It's not so fun unpacking by myself but someone has to do it. I'm just grateful that our stuff are here.  No more sleeping on a futon! Here's what we've been up to this last month...

The boys started school and loving it.  We have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner.

Church boys
They both sported a missing front tooth for a week until MJ lost his other one too.

war face
We continued to spend a lot of time on the beach. We also had family and friends who visited the island, so we were really at the beach  a LOT.


some swim tops are not made for boogie boarding



Uncle and Mike trying to sync paddling the kayak

working together

poor Nyle got stung by a jellyfish :( but he was okay after  the spray, crying then taking a nap.. no peeing happened

Makapuu Lookout, with Aunty Shena and the little uncles

K-bay in the background, we're on our way to the beach again


Maka throwing a shaka


somebody's having fun while I'm watching the kids :D

our little BOO
look at that water... this is on K Bay Marine Corps base beach
Super Tan and Stink Eye



Enough with the beach, let's go down  memory lane. 

 A decade ago was when our journey together began.  Who knew that a 2 week courtship-engagement-wedding will work this well!  It's been  crazy, exciting and fun!  I'm grateful to be married to my bestfriend. I know that is so cliche and it sounds like a Jason Mraz song but really this guy is my best buddy and I'm really grateful to be his missus now and forever. 




5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Happy 10 yeaaaaaaarrrrrrr! Can't get enough of your beach boyz... Love you guys!

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

What fun!

Rodriguez Family said...

Wow 10 wonderful years! So happy for you all. And I love the beach pictures.
Funny how you mentioned there was no peeing involved with the jellyfish sting. Poor Nyle. I would have cried too.
And was that Mike surfing?! Brandon would be so jealous! But it looks like you're having a blast :)

Rodriguez Family said...

Wow 10 wonderful years! So happy for you all. And I love the beach pictures.
Funny how you mentioned there was no peeing involved with the jellyfish sting. Poor Nyle. I would have cried too.
And was that Mike surfing?! Brandon would be so jealous! But it looks like you're having a blast :)

Brown Ohana said...

Aloha!! Peter told me that he ran into Mike a few days ago, and I told him that we HAVE to get together, it's been WAY too long. I can't believe that we're on the same island!! You have such a beautiful family, can't wait to meet them in public! Give us a call (808-284-5926) so we can get together and have dinner or play at the beach. Love, Sydney & Peter Brown