08 July 2010

Another Update

We've been experiencing some heat wave the past days.  It's too hot even for me who grew up in  Philippine climate.  We're surely looking forward to the perfect Hawaii weather... 

First up for our update is not a happy one :(.. A couple of weeks ago we lost our baby.  We were really sad. I never had a miscarriage before and was  fully confident that I'll never have one .  Maybe the baby does not want to be half-baked Marylander but wants to be a true kama'aina...  The boys were disappointed, they have names picked out for the baby already and were truly excited for another addition to the family.  They've been asking me when I'm gonna get pregnant again. We'll see if Heavenly Father has another baby for us... we will see..



Now for some great news!...



We not only love our Daddy but we are truly proud of him.  He is finally done with his thesis and will be getting his Masters Degree before we leave.  We hardly saw him the past weeks because he was slaving away to finish his requirement. We're so happy,  now that he's done, we'll get to spend more time with him... 

Mike's thesis...

Mike(talking to the family): I worked so hard on my thesis, too bad you guys won't even get to read it.
MJ: Why Dad, did you write it in cursive?

funny MJ, someday he'll understand...



For Father's day we got him some ugly ties, which pictures I forgot to upload.  It was MJ's idea...and Mike really love them.  and of course a kukui nut lei, extra hugs and kisses.

on to the Kiddos....

my little helper


MJ's front tooth has not grown back yet.  This boy has been such a great help when Daddy was busy with school work.  Of the many things that he helped me with,  one thing made me all teary-eyed.  It was a busy day. Did a big grocery with the kids, came home, got groceries out with their help. Then prepared lunch. Naia was not feeling well so I tended to her. Few minutes later I remembered that I haven't put away the groceries yet.  When I went to the kitchen all I found were empty grocery bags on the floor and MJ who was putting the last groceries away.. in the right places too. I hope he stays like this for a long time!



Finally he completed his quarter collection! We can't  believe that the most difficult one to find was Michigan.  Thank you to all those who helped him complete his collection.  The picture above is obviously not his quarter collection but his piggy bank coins.  He wanted to make sure that he didn't accidentally put a Michigan quarter in, then he decided that he can make the USA map with his coins.


our little gleek.. 



While I was looking through some songs in the iPod..

Nyle: Mom, will you play Mr. Shoos's Dream on?
Me(bewildered):  which song is that?
Nyle: MOM(all bright eyed and knowing) the song that Mr. Shoos sang with the other guy and it's called Dream On!... then sings the song with some moves

I finally realized what he meant.  What a gleek! :) I think he has a bright future in the biz.




I found them one day playing pretend Sunday School.  Nyle was teaching the lesson on  King Benjamin.   Check out his illustration. King Benjamin on the tower teaching families in their tents.  I get surprise sometimes with how much things they learn. I love my kids!...


little tornado


Naia figured out how to open the refrigerator, say "gimme popsicle please" and "go outside".. She walks around singing Justin Bieber's Baby and One time.  She loves to dance, do naughty things like; grab his brothers' toys, food, hair. If you tell her not to do something, she'll surely do the opposite!  Somehow, she gets away with her mischievousness and we still adore her a lot.  



Fourth of July



We celebrated Independence day, having some pupus with good friends and watching the fireworks from our front yard.  

This will probably be my last update while we're still here in MD.  We will be pretty busy preparing for the move in the next couple of weeks.  We're excited of what lies ahead for our family but we will truly miss this place.  It was a blessed 3 1/2 years.  We made some good friends here that we will miss a lot...  Aloha oe, until we meet again!....

7 comments:

Linds said...

I'm sorry Naika for you loss- it's hard. I've been there. We lost our first baby when I was about 12 weeks along.

Onto the better stuff.. Congrats to Mike! I love MJ's response- totally cracked me up- he'll get it someday though ;-)

I love the photos of you and your family- we sure miss and love you all!

Josh and Tiff Roundy said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy. Your kids are all so cute and you and Mike have done an amazing job raising them. I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage! I know how much you were looking forward to having another one. It happens though. Good luck with your move and take care! We miss you tons! Love ya!

Kaadlawn said...

sorry to hear about the miscarriage, Nakia. :( But we know that things happen for a reason... Don't worry naa blessing mu-abot gihapon. You have a very beautiful family... You're kids are adorable. Hugs!

Jonathan said...

Oh NO! So sorry to read about baby. Well, if any couple can handle a trial like this one, you and Kuya can. We miss being around you guys. Sad for your move, but excited for all the new possibilities. Good luck with the PCS and kudos to Mike!

Monique said...

Okay, so this sounds really weird, but as soon as I saw "Another Update" I was thinking to myself, "I really hope she didn't miscarry." And then when I saw that you did, I gasped out loud and started to tear up for you. It brought back memories of my 1st miscarriage and my heart literally hurts for you and I have to fight back the tears right now... I know it might be heightened due to hormones, but it's hard no matter when you miscarry!!! And I've had three. So sorry Naika.

I LOVE that you will be moving to Hawaii, but sad that you will be moving, too!! Love you!

the ohana said...

Thank you guys!.. >Mo, I understand :) I'm not pregnant anymore but I cry about everything. I did have a good cry after I realize that I was losing the baby. After the feeling of helplessness and sadness, I was comforted with the hope and trust that the Lord will bless us in his own time. > to all of you, let us know if you're heading to HI! We would love to see you all there!!!

Bonny said...

Naika,
Again, I am so, so sorry for your loss. You are such a good example of faith and trust in the Lord.

It was so fun being with you guys on the 4th. Thanks for including us. We will miss spending time with your beautiful family, but are excited for you to start this new adventure in your lives.