24 July 2008

Niagara and Palmyra Vacation

One of the things that made us excited about living in the East Coast is being close to Niagara and Palmyra. We promised ourselves to take a mini-vacation as soon as we had the chance. So we did! We timed it right to go during the Hill Cumorah Pageant season; here are some pictures we took from our trip: We took this photo while aboard the Maid of the Mist; The Canadian Falls




The American Falls at night. We didn't cross to the Canadian side. We heard that the view of the Falls from there is more spectacular. We can't wait to see that the next time we go.




Mike took this photo while we were waiting for the pageant to start. Sunset at Palmyra




The closest you can get to the American Falls.



The American Falls up-close


Mama and I got close enough to get soaked.




Aboard the Maid of the Mist.




Mama and I at one of our tour stops.



Our matching Niagara sandals.


A restored replica of the Smith family log home; it is built on original foundation.




The Sacred Grove




Joseph Smith room where the Angel Moroni appeared to him




The Smith Family farm




Palmyra Temple - West View



The Hill Cumorah Pageant - Abinadi Scene From the top of Hill Cumorah looking West; Pageant seating below
An original; Book of Mormon first printing

Inside the Grandin Press shop; Palmyra, NY





7 comments:

The Galan Family said...

Wow. You guys did so much! I will forever regret living there for five years and never seeing the pageant or the falls. Timing was just never right for us. Your pictures are awesome. I'm sure they don't do it justice though. I love the matching sandals picture. You are so creative! What a fun family trip. Great post. Keep it up!

Shilae said...

Whaaat? I never knew there was a pageant! Man, now I have to wait for next year. Great pictures!

Monique said...

Hahahaha! You guys rock... The trip sounded great and the Canadian side isn't all that it is cracked up to be, so don't feel too bad. Is your mom on "tourist overlaod?" First USA trip, New york, Niagra, Brusters... :)

SheL said...

Awesome pictures! I would love to go see all of those sites someday. I agree with Sarah... my favorite picture was the matching sandals!

Lucy said...

Naika - Thanks for your sweet comment, it is hard, with everyone going, but there's still a few, we knew briefly but lOVED!! :) Your trip is amazing!! We just went last year, or maybe the year before?? Great Pics!

Jonathan said...

Ohhhh! Nice pics. Our fav is Mike's NIagara Moses pic. Too funny...

Marianne said...

What great pictures. We haven't been there yet. Like the Galans, the timing just hasn't been right. Maybe next year.