10 July 2008

All about Nana Erma

(I'm just adding stuff to this blog, last time I just posted pictures and captions so I'll be saying things here that happened after July 10 which is the date of this blog). The last time we saw Mama was 3 years ago when she came to Hawaii for Nyle's birth. Now that I'm having another baby, she's here again and this time she's staying for 6 months. For those of you who are not familiar with the Filipino culture, this is quite normal :). It's sweet to have her here. She's having a great bonding time with the boys. As she reminds me and shows the boys the Filipino ways, she's also learning about the "Americans". The other day she learned that Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich are not 2 different sandwiches. As we were preparing for our trip, she asked me what she can do to help, so I told her if she can make PB and Jelly sanwiches. She did make a PB sandwich and a Jelly sandwich. It was really cute! When Mama first got here she thought all our friends look the same. Now she understands why Americans say all Filipinos look the same. She told one of my friends how her Grandpa(my Great-great grandpa) was like a Master Circumciser in his days. I know she mentioned about Machete, bettle nut and spitting. I had to tell my friend that they do it in a civilize way now :) but hey I'm a great grand daughter of a Master Circumciser! Anyhow, we love having her here and we're grateful that she has this opportunity to stay with us. Nana/ Mama Erma is finally here! We took her to her very first MLB experience/ Orioles vs the Royals

Camden Yards with her little apos waiting for the game to start

Nana with MJ at the Bombers last game of the season. I assured her that she wasn't the jinx :).

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay! Your momma's home to take care of you!

She looks so happy to see you. XD

The Galan Family said...

Okay, so this was supposed to be a post about Nana Erma. You didn't tell us anything about her! :) I already know how sweet she is. Tell us something more. Great pics. You are very blessed to have there with you. Miss you guys!